Delux 4×4 offers a 12 months warranty period on ALL products purchased from the date of delivery. Our warranty covers paint work, structural integrity on the fibreglass canopy shell and all moving components, excluding glass. Any component found by Delux 4×4 to be defective, the said defective part(s) will be replaced free of charge. Our warranty is not transferable from the original purchaser and cannot be claimed by third parties.
- We do not guarantee 100 % against dust and water leaks due to the way pickup truck beds are made and do not provide warranty for using an over lip Ute liner.
- Warranty does not cover the paintwork to the vehicle only canopy and or Ute accessory.
- Any transportation costs involving any warranty work will be the responsibility of the owner/customer.
- Delux 4×4 does not cover natural wear and tear or damage to any part of the vehicle where an addition or attachment of an aftermarket product is made to or fitted to.
- Labour costs to any Delux 4×4 products are not covered.
- Any alterations or modifications carried out to Delux 4×4 products without our consent shall void this warranty.
- If a water leak occurs, all diagnoses and rectification work must be carried out at our factory.
- Transport damage is NOT covered by Delux 4×4 under any circumstances. No Transport Insurance is provided unless expressly detailed / advised on your invoice.
- Loss of income, use or enjoyment while undergoing warranty work is NOT covered.
- Any damage as result of exceeding the carrying capacity, misuse or negligence by the customer will not be covered under warranty.
- Any warranty claims made must be supported by an original tax invoice, without the tax invoice your claim cannot start to be processed. Documents required to support your claim are :
- Warranty Claim form, original tax invoice, canopy serial numbers, and digital images of any defects. If required a minimum of 2 repair quotes within 30 days of warranty initiation. After compiling all documents, send them by email to sales@Delux 4×4.com.au or info@delux 4×4.com.au
Keeping your Delux4x4 canopy in good condition adds to your enjoyment and helps to maintain its value. The simple way to achieve this is to clean it at regular intervals, those unsightly marks caused by the build up of traffic film and general grime. Wash the surface first with a recognised detergent sold for use on automotive paint. Should any marks remain, use a cleaner with chemicals and abrasive agents formulated for use on gelcoats.
These will ensure the longevity of these parts and the continued enjoyment of your ute canopy.
- Locks should be treated with graphite powder every month.
- Hinges should have grease applied when required.
- DO NOT treat the gas struts; simply remove the dirt from the shaft with a soft cloth. This will protect the piston seals.
- The water drains should be cleaned regularly to ensure they are not blocked with foreign objects.
If you are fitting a canopy on top of an existing ute liner, you may experience leaking. This is because the texture of the liner does not allow the rubber to compress adequately to avoid leakage. If you are planning to install a ute liner after your canopy has been fitted, we advise you purchase an under rail ute liner (instead of an over rail ute liner) to minimise any leakage that may occur.
If you remove the canopy from your vehicle, store your canopy on a flat, level surface. DO NOT store on its side, roof or end as this may cause warping and cracking of the fibregless. Avoid storing items on the roof.
It is essential that all clamp and bolt connections on the canopy be checked and tightened if needed after the first 48 hours of your canopy being installed. Bolt connections and screw threads must be checked at regular intervals (generally once a month) depending on the road/terrain conditions and distance traveled with the vehicle.